Congress created the Office of the Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction (SIGAR) to provide independent and objective oversight of Afghanistan reconstruction projects and activities. SIGAR conducts audits and investigations to promote efficiency and effectiveness of reconstruction programs and detect and prevent waste, fraud, and abuse.Learn more about this agency
About the Position:
This position is located in the Arlington, VA, Office of the Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction (SIGAR). Temporary travel to Afghanistan may be required.
Temporary appointment may be extended upon organizational approval.
The incumbent identifies, plans, oversees, and reviews financial audits performed by independent public accounting (IPA) firms in accordance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS) of U.S.-funded contracts, grants, and cooperative agreements for Afghanistan reconstruction. The incumbent is considered an expert in planning and performing financial audits and will use that knowledge to review audit programs, working papers, and draft audit reports prepared by the IPA; meet with the IPA and auditee to explain audit purpose, establish reporting procedures, and discuss audit findings; and, follow the progress of the audit engagement, resolving problems as they arise. The incumbent reports to the Senior Audit Manager for Financial Audits.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
- Develop financial audit programs and align audit steps with risk assessment.
- Test and examine accounting systems and records, cost representations, internal controls, and management policies and practices, to assure compliance with contract requirements, accounting and auditing principles, and standards and regulations.
- Demonstrate ability in preparing financial audit reports, developing audit findings, and making conclusions and audit recommendations.
- Interpersonal skills are needed to meet and work effectively with other team members and all levels of authority to exert a positive influence.
- Organizational skills at documenting and supporting audit work.
- Extensive experience in communicating complex and technical information orally and in writing.
- Assess risks and develop appropriate financial audit plans and procedures to address them.
- Become certified and to assume the duties of Contracting Officer's Representative.
- Knowledge of and experience in Department of Defense Contracting/and grant-making is highly desired.
Occasional travel - Occasional overseas travel may be required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens, Federal Employees
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486673700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.