Explore a new career with the BLM - where our people are our greatest natural resource.Learn more about this agency
For additional information about the BLM, please visit Our website.
One position located in Moab, Utah. Information about Moab and the surrounding area can be found at Moab, UT
Physical demands: The position requires good physical condition for review, inspection, and construction of projects, and surveys. The work requires long hikes over rugged terrain, long hours of drivingover rough roads, and hauling instruments and other engineering equipment and supplies. The position also requires periods of sitting in the office related to the planning and design of assigned project.
Work environment: Approximately 40 percent of the work is performed in the field under all types of terrain and climatic conditions of the desert with temperatures ranging from over 100 degrees Fahrenheit in the summer to below 0 degrees Fahrenheit in the winter months. Outside work conditions may involve brushy, wet, steep, rocky, and/or rough terrain. Travel in snow, rain, or on muddy roads may create hazardous driving conditions. In addition to weather, field hazards may include snakes, poisonous plants, and insects. Approximately 60 percent of the assignments must be accomplished in the office (i.e. design work, project planning, etc.)
This position serves as a Civil Engineer for the Canyon Country District. The incumbent has professional engineering responsibilities for survey, design, and development of construction and maintenance projects, recreation and facility operations and maintenance, and contract preparation and administration activities for the District Office. At the full performance level, major duties include but are not limited to:
- Providing professional engineering, construction, and maintenance expertise for the District's administration sites, recreation sites, roads, buildings, dams, and bridges as well as range, watershed, recreation, wildlife, and other program activities.
- Ensuring facilities meet sound engineering design principles, environmental standards, and are in compliance with Bureau directives and manuals.
- Preparing and reviewing cost and time estimates, work schedules, cost/benefit analyses, and feasibility studies for contracts.
- Utilizes AutoCAD Civil 3D software to accomplish civil engineering design work and drawing preparation.
- Performs surveys for development of proposed project plans, as-built conditions, and construction control and reference using GPS survey equipment.
25% or less - At times, travel for field work, meetings and/or training may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All current or former federal employees with competitive/reinstatement eligibility; Veteran Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles; Persons eligible under Special Hiring Authorities (IE-Schedule A, VRA, 30% disabled Veteran, Peace Corps/VISTA, PLC, etc.); and Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act (LMWFA) eligibles. CTAP/ICTAP eligibles in the local commuting area are also eligible.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486628600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.