The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), an agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services that leads public health efforts to advance the behavioral health of the nation. SAMHSA's mission is to reduce the impact of substance abuse and mental illness on America's communities. For information on the SAMHSA mission, goals, bureaus and offices, visit https://www.samhsa.gov/.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Department of Health And Human Services, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, OFR-Office of Financial Resources, Division of Contracts Management (DCM), in Rockville, Maryland.
The Office of Financial Resources (OFR):
(1) Evaluates and improves financial management systems, controls, and operations to eliminate waste, fraud, abuse, and to improve management of assets.
(2) Evaluates acquisition, grant, and contracting policy, practices and plans to cut costs and improve effectiveness and efficiencies; and
(3) Establishes effective financial organizational structure and financial personnel requirements within the agency.
Who May Apply: Current Federal employees or Former Federal employees in the competitive service, including Merit Promotion; Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP); Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP); military spouses; Veterans; PHS Commissioned Corps Officers; and Schedule A eligibles.
PHS Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps may apply online to this announcement. Candidates will be referred as (CC) personnel and not as candidates for conversion to a permanent career or career-conditional appointment. You must provide a copy of your current personnel order in lieu of the SF-50 to be referred as CC.
**Applicants please note: Additional selections may be made across the Department of Health and Human Services through this vacancy announcement.**
Salary range listed includes locality pay.
As the Lead Contract Specialist for SAMHSA contracts in the Office of Financial Resources (OFR), Division of Contracts Management (DCM), you will manage an acquisition workload (Portfolio), in addition to managing the workload of team members (Team Portfolio).
Specifically you will:
- Manage and oversee a full range of acquisition activities for SAMHSA, including negotiation, award, administration, termination, and administrative closeout of all contracts in support of the program areas.
- Plan and assign work, and direct staff contract management operations in the areas of pre-solicitations, solicitations, negotiation, awards, post-award, administration, termination, and close out phases of the contracts.
- Manage a full range of acquisition activities for SAMHSA, including negotiation, award, administration, termination, and administrative closeout of all contracts in support of the program areas.
- Performs contract administration including preparing incremental funding, rate and cost adjustments, preparing change orders, and preparing and maintaining acquisition plans, appropriate milestones charts, and related schedules.
- Approve proposed new projects (RFCs) and their evaluation and review documents (i.e., requests for renewals, supplements, extensions, JOFOCs, etc., for existing contracts, plus RFCs and Project Plans for proposed new contract programs) prepared by Center staff prior to award.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status candidates; Current Federal Employees; Former Federal Employees; Career Transition Assistance Program; Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program; Veterans Recruitment; Individuals with Disabilities; Military Spouses; Peace Corps; Commissioned Corps Officers.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486575800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.