Join Team DCMA -- Challenge yourself!
The Defense Contract Management Agency serves as the independent eyes and ears of the Department of Defense (DoD) and its partners, delivering actionable acquisition insight from the factory floor to the front line around the world. We are an independent combat support agency within the DoD. We are the Department's contract manager, responsible for ensuring Federal acquisition programs, supplies, and services are delivered on time, within cost and meet performance requirements.
About the Position: Defense Contract Management Agency uses the Expedited Hiring Authority to recruit and appoint qualified individuals directly into shortage category or critical need acquisition positions.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected.
- All U.S. Citizens and Nationals with allegiance to the United States
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) Eligible
- Analyze the effectiveness of production practices.Review specifications to define product requirements.
- Execute a comprehensive survey and analysis of industrial operations, organization, capacity, etc.
- Interpret and apply contract clauses and government acquisition regulations.
- Review of plans to determine material requirements and/or schedules for production management.
- Communicates with contractor management personnel such as Production, Engineering, Contracts and Quality to ensure all production requirements are understood.
- Perform contract review to identify contractual technical requirements and develop required tasks for the execution of the surveillance plans.
- Establish risk-based surveillance activities to monitor labor hours and materials quantities associated with the effort.
- Engage in active discussions with their Contract Management Team (CMT) in the event of discordant labor situations or negotiations.
- Use written Corrective Action Requests (CARs) to notify the contractor of contract non-conformances.
Occasional travel - Business travel 10% of the time.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486561700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.