THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a COST ACCOUNTANT, Position Description Number T5137000 and is part of the WASHINGTON UNITED STATES PROPERTY AND FISCAL OFFICE, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team!
Type of Appointment: This is a Career/Career-Conditional Excepted Service position
Organizational Structure: This position is located within the United States Property and Fiscal Office (USPFO), Camp Murray, WA. The purpose of this position is to perform review and analysis of the various procedures used in administering and operating the fiscal control systems of the state and to identify, determine the cause of, and take corrective action to resolve difficulties, problems, and inefficiencies within those systems and ensure costing structure is established and monitored in the systems at the state level. Main responsibility is to serve as the financial expert for the US Property and Fiscal Office (USPFO) Comptroller in a cost management environment under the General Fund Enterprise Business System (GFEBS).
Veteran's Information: Veteran's' preference must be validated by formal submission. Acceptable documentation may be:
1. A copy of a DD-214, "Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty," which shows dates of service and discharge under honorable conditions.
2. Certification from the Armed Forces which verifies the service member's discharge or release from duty under honorable conditions, no later than 120 days after the date of certification.
3. A letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs reflecting the level of disability for preference eligibility.
4. If claiming 10 point preference, you will need to submit a Standard Form, SF-15, "Application for 10-point Veteran's' Preference."
NOTE: A copy of a DD-214 will be required upon appointment.
As a COST ACCOUNTANT, GS-0510-11,
- Analyze, examine, and interpret accounting data, records and reports to determine past costs, identify improperly recorded costs and reallocate cost to ensure they are recorded in proper cost structure.
- Provide accounting advice and recommendations to program managers and the installation staff. Determine, select, organize and analyze appropriate data for the effectiveness and/or efficiency of operations for use in executing performance measurements.
- Plan, coordinate and perform comprehensive reviews, special studies, and selective internal examinations of USPFO functions pertaining to cost management environment under the General Fund Enterprise Business System (GFEBS) and its interfacing feeder systems (STANFINS/AFCOS, SPS, DTS, DCPS,GCSS-A, ODS, FCM, IATS).
- Confer with representatives of other local offices/directorates to resolve USPFO problems associated with improper cost management attributable to functions under their jurisdiction.
- Conduct detailed analysis on Interfacing System Information Documents (IDOCs) and take corrective action to ensure proper system master data allows for proper interfacing.
- Apply knowledge of a thorough understanding of management, organization, and resource utilization policies and principles, and knowledge of review and analysis techniques including statistical sampling techniques and procedures.
- Identify such problems as document flow and controls, inaccurate records and reports, regulatory compliance, conflicts with regulatory guidance, and correctness of payment and accounting for public funds.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - As required for job training or mission requirements
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486540500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.