About the Position:
You will serve in the Programs Directorate of the Southwestern Division, US Army Corps of Engineers. The Division office is located in downtown Dallas, Texas. Dallas is a richly diverse American city. Over the years it has become a melting pot of cultures and lifestyles. This important convergence of uniqueness and differences is reflected throughout the sights and sounds of the city. Dallas' authentic arts, music, food, historic landmarks and urban lifestyle all contribute to the city's makeup.
Although this position is being advertised as a Program Manager, GS-0340-15, it is a Leadership position which may be filled under any of the following titles and occupational series at the GS-15 grade level, depending on the qualifications of the applicant and needs of the agency:
SUPERVISORY COMMUNITY PLANNER - GS-0020-15;
SUPERVISORY REGIONAL ECONOMIST - GS-0110-15;
SUPERVISORY SOCIAL SCIENTIST - GS-0101-15;
SUPERVISORY ARCHAEOLOGIST - GS-0193-15;
SUPERVISORY BIOLOGIST - GS-0401-15;
SUPERVISORY WILDLIFE BIOLOGIST - GS-0486-15;
SUPERVISORY GENERAL ENGINEER - GS-0801-15;
SUPERVISORY LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT - GS-0807-15;
SUPERVISORY CIVIL ENGINEER - GS-0810-15;
SUPERVISORY ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEER - GS-0819-15; or
SUPERVISORY PHYSICAL SCIENTIST - GS-1301-15
Applications are being accepted from individuals in each of these occupations through this single job posting.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
- Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
- Priority Placement Program, Program S (Military Spouse) registrants referred through the Automated Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position
You will serve as the Chief of Planning and Policy, the leader of the Planning and Policy Community of Practice for the Southwestern Division and the Director of the national Planning Center of Expertise for the Water Management and Reallocation studies. You will be responsible for ensuring the effective utilization of water and related land resource to meet the needs and missions of the district. Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring appropriate quality management principles are incorporated into all aspects of work in an organization;
- Directing special investigations that are being conducted at a division or district level such as Flood Plain;
- Management Services, Planning Assistance to States, and the Continuing Authorities Programs;
- Coordinating processes for production of complex technical study for new and continuing Civil Works projects;
- Collaborating with local and state agencies and stakeholders in developing innovative solutions to water resources problems;
- Coordinating with HQ, division and/or district leaders to resolve execution issues related to programming, budgeting and funding requirements;
- Advising districts on evaluating project and program execution and performance in an orderly, economic and timely manner;
- Formulating policy and procedural statements to the districts regarding water resource issues;
- Issuing policy and procedural guidance regarding management of General and Special Investigation;
- Flood plain management services planning assistance to states and/or the continuing authorities programs; and
- Assigning work to employees based on project priorities, difficulty of assignments and employee capabilities.
Occasional travel - Business Travel Conditions (TDY) up to 20%
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Agency Employees Only
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486524100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.