OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?Learn more about this agency
The Jack C. Montgomery VA Medical Center is located in Muskogee, Okla., a thriving city of 39,000 residents that boasts small-town charm, southern hospitality, a rich Native American heritage, Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame, renowned annual Azalea Festival, 32 attractive parks and easy access to boating, fishing, hiking, camping, hunting and wildlife watching.
For those yearning for big-city amenities, Muskogee is only 35 miles to Broken Arrow, which consistently ranks as one of the best cities to live in the U.S.
Family Circle Magazine featured Broken Arrow in 2008 as one of the 10 best towns for families, Wallet Hub ranked Broken Arrow in 2015 as the 4th best city for first-time homebuyers, and Money Magazine ranked Broken Arrow in 2011 as the 8th best place to retire due to the cost-of-living, impressive performing arts center, newly built St. John Broken Arrow hospital, eight golf courses and miles of bike and walking paths.
Muskogee is also only 48 miles to downtown Tulsa, which is considered the cultural and arts center of Oklahoma and houses two world-renowned art museums, full-time professional opera and ballet companies, and one of the nation's most extensive collections of Art Deco architecture.
Downtown Tulsa is also home to the BOK Center, a multi-purpose arena that hosts the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament, Tulsa Oilers professional ice hockey team and the biggest name recording artists in America. For baseball fans, downtown Tulsa also offers the newly built ONEOK Field, a 7,833 seat stadium that is home to the Tulsa Drillers minor league baseball team.
When deciding to relocate, we know that school systems are a top priority for parents and the Tulsa Metropolitan Area has many high performing schools to choose from. Niche.com gave Broken Arrow Public Schools an A- rating, Union and Bixby an A rating and Jenks an A+ rating.
The incumbent for this position may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program. Please contact Human Resources at this medical center and speak with the Education Debt Reduction Program Coordinator for additional information.
The Primary Care Nurse IV position is located at Jack C. Montgomery Medical Center and directly contributes to the administrative and clinical operational component of delivering healthcare for Primary Care to Veterans. The incumbent is a key resource to primary care health executive management and other operating officials. Incumbent works in an organizational dichotomy of professional and administrative programs that constantly overlap in the management of the Primary Care Program in Muskogee, Oklahoma and its Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs). The Primary Care Nurse IV has direct responsibility for the operation of CBOCs located in Tulsa, Hartshorne, Vinita, Idabel (contract staff), and contract providers who operate the Emergency Department after hours, weekends, and holidays. Responsibility will also include the soon to be activated CBOC in Bartlesville, and other CBOCs as access needs dictate in the future. The physical dispersion of the additional clinics and future clinics, along with the inherent complicating factors associated with the contract administration adds significantly to the complexity of this position.
- Incumbent is responsible for administrative functions of their assigned service/programs.
- Functions as an administrator, educator, and consultant utilizing management theory in collaboration with all services and Service Chiefs.
- Incumbent is accountable for clinical management of the patient care functions of Primary Care Service including performance improvement, policy administration, practice standards, risk management, adherence to licensure and other credentialing requirements for all service line and staff and compliance across all Primary Care programs.
- Incumbent will facilitate close working relationships with the Chief of Staff, Chief of Medicine and the medical center physicians, as well as other Clinical and Administrative Services.
- Incumbent works closely with the Associate Director of Patient Care Services, Chief of Business Office and Service Chief of Education in the coordination and administration of mandatory training, staffing orientation, and to facilitate educational programs.
- Incumbent must be able to influence decisions and actions beyond the scope of normal program areas, which involve total facility plans and polices.
- The incumbent will utilize information gleamed from studies, VSSC, provider profiling, Data Warehouse, MCA data, customer satisfaction surveys and VISN/Headquarters performance measure to apply in terms of future planning and growth within Primary Care Services to include the CBOCs.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Occasional travel - Duty location primarily Muskogee, however incumbent will be expected to spend a significant time at Tulsa and routine visits to other CBOC's
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486491100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.