Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is located at the Mission and Installation Contracting Command (MICC) Fort Hood, Texas. Fort Hood rests in the beautiful hill and lake country of Central Texas between Killeen and Copperas Cove and is approximately 60 miles north of the capital city of Austin, 50 miles south of Waco, 160 miles south of Dallas, and 150 miles north of San Antonio. For everyone who enjoys the outdoors, The Great Place is the ideal location, because of warm winters and hot summers. The nearby lakes, Belton and Stillhouse, offer year round outdoor recreation activities.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Represents the 418th CSB as a subject-matter expert in discussions with serviced customers receiving contract support.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and develops solutions to contracting problems.
- Utilizes Business Intelligence and other automated systems for statistical and other reports on aspects of contracting, such as trend analysis and spend analysis to promote strategic sourcing.
- Conducts research and analyzes the latest market trends, commercial practices, and technological advances for possible use in improving innovations and efficiencies in Army contracting.
- Gathers, evaluates and synthesizes data and information relative to the customer's organization, operation, and mission priorities from multiple sources, and formulates and proposes innovative acquisition reform and business initiatives leading to increased customer satisfaction.
- Identifies potential for waste, fraud, abuse and mismanagement of Army programs and operations and initiate action to address as appropriate with remedial action.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidatesm, VEOA Eligibles and Military Spouses
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486403700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.