OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?Learn more about this agency
The Boise va Medical Center is recruiting for one (1) Full-time Chief of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Service (Physician) in the Chief of Staff Office.
Announcement is open until 3-16-2018 or filled, whichever occurs earlier.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF ASSIGNED DUTIES:
- The position requires some familiarity with the clinical laboratory improvement amendments 1988 applicable to Veterans Health Administration and clarified in Title 42, CFR, Part 493.
- Familiarity with laboratory assists, tests systems, assays and examinations as defined by FDA 42, CFR, Part 493.
- Employee selection, supervision and appropriate delegation of responsibilities.
- Oversight of laboratory quality management as performed by laboratory personnel.
- Evaluations of professional personnel using the tools of FPPE and OPPE together with random 10% anatomic reviews and CAP test performance measures.
- Position closely collaborates with laboratory manager and both professional and technical colleagues.
- Performs anatomic pathology examinations and releases/verifies these reports.
- Ensuring that there are sufficient qualified testing personnel with adequately documented training and experience can meet the laboratory needs.
- Is responsible in the implementation for a quality improvement plan.
- Planning and setting goals for the development and allocation of resources appropriate to the medical environment.
- Finds effective and efficient administration for effective budget planning and control.
- Selects and monitors all reference laboratories and ancillary testing services for quality of service.
- Consults with other non-VA provider is contracted to perform laboratory testing for veterans at a satellite clinic including documentation ensuring contracted laboratory is CLIA-88 certified and ensuring all tests appropriately entered into Vista.
- Establishes a laboratory management data collection system using Vista.
- The position works in concert with the PALMS National Enforcement officers, and regional commissioners providing oversight and enforcement of the policies found in the Handbook.
- Provides continuous 24/7 professional laboratory coverage.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486371700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.