CONNECTICUT AIR NATIONAL GUARDLearn more about this agency
TECHNICIAN VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
THIS IS A TITLE 32 DUAL STATUS POSITION
DUTY LOCATION: 103d Maintenance Squadron (MXS), East Granby, Connecticut
JOB SUMMARY: The primary purpose of this position is to maintain, troubleshoot, remove, repair, install, certify, test and perform operational checks on the turboprop engines, propellers, and associated propulsion system components.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Air National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Connecticut Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Connecticut Air National Guard. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a Connecticut Air National Guard recruiter at (860) 292-2758 before applying for this position.
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Air National Guard.
Area 2: All currently employed full-time temporary technician personnel and all current traditional members of the Connecticut Air National Guard.
Area 3: Individuals eligible for membership in the Connecticut Air National Guard. Membership must be satisfied within four (4) months of selection.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Removes, installs, certifies, repairs, modifies, overhauls, and installs turboprop engines, reduction gear boxes, turbine modules, compressor modules, auxiliary power units, propellers and related propeller components as required.
- Modifies engines, propellers, auxiliary power units, and components in accordance with Time Compliance Technical Orders (TCTO) directives; removes and installs engine quick change kits; prepares engines for installation and installs engine and propeller assemblies on aircraft.
- Performs operational checks of installed propellers, engines, auxiliary power units and sub-systems during aircraft maintenance ground runs in accordance with approved checklists.
- Performs isochronal and special evaluations on engines, propellers and auxiliary power units.
- Performs aircraft full power runs and complete engine and propeller efficiency checks.
PHYSICAL EFFORT: The incumbent is required to stand, stoop, bend, and reach. The incumbent frequently lifts equipment and components weighing up to 10 pounds, and often lifts and carries assemblies weighing up to 50 pounds. Hoists, hand trucks, lifts, and other employees are available to assist when handling heavy or awkward items. Work assignments require the employee to climb steps and ladders and stand on slippery or inclined surfaces.
Occasional travel - Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Military Membership Required - See Area of Consideration
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486370800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.