This National Guard position is for a POLICE OFFICER, Position Description Number D2155000and is part of the AR ANG 188 SEF SQ, National Guard.
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!Learn more about this agency
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
(1) Performs and enforces the full range of security forces duties within the military installation. Apprehends and detains violators of laws, rules, and regulations and turns them over to the Federal or civil police or other law enforcement officers for arrest and/or posting of collateral. Serves at fixed posts or patrols the installation on foot or in vehicles; responds to alarms, irregularities, and unusual or suspicious circumstances. Responds to calls for emergency assistance to include active shooter, suspicious persons, catastrophic events, scenes of crimes/natural disasters and enemy attacks, and makes apprehensions. Incumbent is required to perform specialized techniques, methods, and procedures to execute search and apprehension; counter terrorist operations; or counter violence posing a threat to public safety. As directed, acts as the on-scene commander for significant and catastrophic events. Performs traffic duty to include directing traffic and escorting dignitaries. Incumbent enforces pertinent administrative rules and regulations governing traffic control, parking, building, or other facility access, and breaches in physical security controls (locks, fences, gates, or other barriers). When enforcing rules and regulations established to accomplish the protective missions, security forces personnel control the movement of persons and protect lives and personal property in and around the identified Federal property. The incumbent carries out related duties such as, escorting persons and valuables; driving emergency vehicles; detecting and reporting potential fire and accident hazards; making preliminary checks of violations; and, preparing reports of incidents or security conditions.
(2) Serves as a Security Forces Dispatcher for the installation. Dispatches personnel and equipment to meet emergency situations. Monitors the locations of all posts, alarm systems, closed circuit television systems and telephone/radio networks. As required, coordinates with civilian police, fire, rescue and emergency units for assistance. Uses computerized information systems to direct patrols, record daily blotter information, and retrieve information through the FBI's National Crime Information Center System. Uses knowledge of the Security Forces Management Information Systems (SFMIS) to retrieve information and complete reports on the systems. Receives, records, and secures confiscated items and evidence. Assures witness statements are properly secured. Keeps reports and complaint records. Prepares shift activity reports. Interviews witnesses and suspects to obtain and verify information. Advises suspects of their rights. Receives and records radio, telephone, and personal messages and instructions involving emergencies, complaints, violations, accidents, and requests for information and assistance. Transmits messages and instructions to officers on patrol and dispatch officers to investigate complaints and assist in emergencies. Interprets directives and instructions and answers general inquiries. Maintains records and prepares reports covering activities and events occurring over the course of a shift.
(3) Performs the full range of Base Entry Controller and commercial vehicle inspection duties. Ensures individuals requesting access to the installation have the proper identification credentials before entering. Conducts random vehicle searches at the privately owned vehicle (POV) gates and conducts thorough searches of all vehicles at commercial gate. Performs random antiterrorism measures in accordance with applicable instructions.
(4) Performs the full range of duties for defending protection level resources (Patrol, Security Response Team (I-SRT & E-SRT). Defends installation personnel, equipment, and resources from hostile ground attack. Participates in tactical defense postures as a member of a quick reaction force to deny infiltration or attack. Verifies credentials to ensure only authorized personnel, vehicles, and equipment items are permitted in these areas and validates each person's need to access the area. Ensures visitors are informed of applicable security requirements. Operates, monitors, and assesses sensor systems for the area. Responds to all area alarms and makes required notifications. Assesses the origin and cause of intrusion detection system (IDS) alarms in the area and makes required notifications. Implements compensatory measures if all, or part of, the IDS is inoperable and completes documentation required in accordance with IDS operational and maintenance procedures. Detects and eliminates threats to the restricted area; and, detains and apprehends violators. Informs supervisor and central security control/law enforcement desk of any changes or reductions in security safeguards capabilities and physical security aids such as, lights, signs, fencing, barriers, sensors, alarms, and locks.
(5) Performs other duties as assigned.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…(1) Onboard Arkansas Air National Guard Technicians at the 188th. (2) All Members of the Arkansas Air National Guard or those eligible to become members. (Upon selection, must be a member of the Air National Guard).
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486364000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.