Learn more about this agency
This position is located in National Mall and Memorial Parks, in the Facility Management Division. Please visit find a park for additional park information.
This is a Career/Career-Conditional Full-Time appointment.
Noncompetitive/Special Hiring Authorities - Those eligible to be considered for this position based on a Special or Noncompetitive Hiring Authority (i.e., VRA, 30% or more Disabled Veterans, Schedule A, Returning Peace Corps Volunteers, VISTA Alumni, Certain, Military Spouses, Public Lands Corps Alumni, etc.) may apply for this position.
Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will not be paid. All travel, transportation, and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the sole responsibility of the selected employee.
- Supervises all phases of the tree maintenance activities including: planning, scheduling, and directing the day-to-day tree maintenance program, the preparation of the budget operating program and other administrative functions.
- Works with and directs subordinates in the weekly and monthly planning and scheduling of all work activities in advance to ensure a steady and productive work force.
- Tracks work/information using a facility management software system (FMSS), ensuring all labor hours, materials and tools are tracked to achieve best practices, ensure effective and efficient operations, reliable financial reporting, and compliance with best business practices.
- Responsible for the health and safety of subordinates, frequently conducts safety meetings.
- Possess a good knowledge of arboriculture, horticulture, botany, plant physiology and have a general knowledge of plant pathology.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486338900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.