This position is located in the Conservation and Environment Branch of the Resource and Rural Economics Division.Learn more about this agency
The mission of the Resource and Rural Economics Division (RRED) is to provide information and analysis to enhance public policy, and to conduct analysis that informs national public and private decisions involving the interrelationship among natural resources, environmental amenities, rural development, and agricultural activities, agricultural research and development, technology and productivity, the structure of farming, upstream agricultural and other rural businesses, farm income, and the well-being of farm and rural households.
As a Supervisory Agricultural Economist (Branch Chief) you will supervise a staff of professional economists and support personnel. You will be responsible for planning, directing, and managing the Branch's program of agricultural economic research, analysis, and information dissemination. Additionally you will be responsible for serving as the agency's reference point to provide economic advice and counsel relating to the branch's area of responsibility.
The incumbent serves as a Supervisory Agricultural Economist/ Branch Chief and has the following responsibilities:
- Planning, directing and managing the branch’s program of economic research, analysis, and information dissemination.
- Representing the branch, division, agency, and department in high level meetings, international conferences and workshops.
- Providing technical and administrative supervision to a staff of professional economists.
- Developing branch program and product plans.
- Providing leadership in, and compliance with, all equal employment opportunities policies and procedures as they apply to the federal government, the Department of Agriculture, and the Economic Research Service.
Occasional travel - Trainings, conferences, etc.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
US Citizens and Nationals; no prior Federal experience is required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486327000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.