Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
-This position may be filled by temporary promotion or reassignment.
- Temporary promotion/reassignment may be extended up to a maximum of five years.
-Competitive temporary promotion or reassignment may be made permanent without further competition.
The US Army Natick Soldier Research, Development and Engineering Center (NSRDEC) is a Customer-Driven, Customer-Focused organization, and is internationally known as a preeminent provider of research, development, engineering and integration services in the areas of soldier and squad protection and systems integration, military rations and field feeding equipment, military parachuting and airdrop systems, and expeditionary basing. Through our research in areas such as materials sciences, biochemistry, human performance and human sciences; technology development and integration; and systems engineering, product development and support the NSRDEC plays a vital role in maximizing the effectiveness of America's military. Help shape our future to become the Leader in Empowering the World's Most Capable Soldiers.
We are conveniently located on the shores of Lake Cochituate, in Natick, MA, (a suburb of Boston, near Routes 9, 90, 95 and 495). Parking is free and access to site facilities is available to include an on-site federal credit union, recreational facilities (swimming pool, fitness facility, softball field, and basketball courts), barbershop, dining facility, and post-exchange store. Additional information on the town of Natick, MA can be found at:
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
As a Mechanical/Aerospace Engineer working for the Aerial Delivery Directorate, you will serve as a systems engineer in the specialty area of parachute and airdrop component applied mechanics and structures, with responsibility for planning and conducting airdrop development assignments to establish and define engineering requirements and design criteria for developmental and improved airdrop systems and for the design and development of Army materiel that require an airdrop capability. Specifically, you will:
- Provide system engineering capability in the disciplines of applied mechanics and structures at the bench level. Position's work and professional knowledge are interdisciplinary in the fields of mechanical and aerospace engineering with applicable professional field experience and qualifications in the airdrop technical area, with special emphasis on personnel airdrop items.
- Plan and conduct studies on airdrop systems.
- Conduct complete development of airdrop products including detailed structures, dynamics, shock & vibration, kinetics, design studies to establish design data and requirements for specific exploratory, advanced & engineering development for improved airdrop systems.
- Perform detailed analyses of advanced airdrop systems to assess the adequacy of design and devises techniques to increase their performance.
- Analyze test data, reports, and calculations, develops and modifies equations for analyses of solution of specific problems.
- Present detailed reports with findings, supporting data, and conclusions.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Army Candidates, Military Spouse PPP Matches, ICTAP Eligibles
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486266900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.