The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win…in air, space and cyberspace.Learn more about this agency
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
THIS IS AN EXCEPTED SERVICE APPOINTMENT. PERSONS RECEIVING AN EXCEPTED SERVICE APPOINTMENT DO NOT RECEIVE COMPETITIVE SERVICE STATUS.
This is a Centrally Managed Position in the Legal Career Field. PCS will be paid in accordance with JTR Vol. 2 and applicable Air Force Regulations.
- The primary purpose of this position is: to serve as the Division Chief, with responsibility for planning, organizing, coordinating, directing and overseeing all functions and activities assigned to the Division.These functions include providing professional legal opinions, representation, and recommendations on matters involving a multitude of civil law issues, including labor law, magistrate's court proceedings, environmental law, acquisition law, ethics, Freedom of Information Act, Privacy Act, legal assistance, and a wide range of general and administrative law issues.
- Formulates technical, administrative, and managerial policy and standards within which the Civil Law Division is operated on behalf of the Staff Judge Advocate.Interprets and implements policies and directions from the Staff Judge Advocate, and higher headquarters.
- Manages and controls day-to-day operations through subordinates.Controls and directs flow of work through the division.In consultation with Team Leaders, plans and assigns work, establishes work responsibility, and delegate authority, as appropriate, to subordinates.
- Personally supervises and provides both managerial and technical expertise and oversight to subordinate attorneys working in the very specialized areas of environmental law, labor law, acquisition law, and magistrate court.Provides guidance and oversight of subordinate attorneys, paralegals, and clerks who research and prepare opinions on legal affairs which include questions involving line of duty investigations, reports of survey, Inspector General investigations, Military Equal Opportunity complaints, miscellaneous issues pertaining to property, business operations, and private enterprise at the base.
- Serves as the staff ethics expert, both personally and through subordinates, provides legal advice to Wing Staff, unit commanders, and individual members concerning standards of conduct.Supervises and oversees the legal assistance program for active duty and retired military members and their dependents.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Applications will be accepted from U.S. Citizens (U.S. citizenship required at time of application).
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486266800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.