The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win…in air, space and cyberspace.
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
Applications will be accepted from United States citizens (U.S. citizenship required at time of application).
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
For information on veteran's preference click here
Military Spouse Preference (MSP): Click here for specific program requirements. To request MSP hiring preference, you must submit the following documents:
- Application or resume;
- Statement requesting MSP; and
- Copy of military sponsor's PCS orders
90-DAY COMPETITIVE CERTIFICATE: This vacancy announcement may be used to fill like vacancies for 90-days from the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as/if additional vacancies occur during this period. Learn more about this agency
- Develop/review designs, plans and specifications for water and sewage (plumbing); heating ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC); fire suppression, control and alarm systems and other systems of major size and complexity for use in facilities such as multi-story office buildings, large steam plants, hospitals and similar structures.Provide guidance to team members, monitor their progress throughout the project and give input to supervisors on performance.
- Provide professional consultations on a wide range of difficult unforeseen problems on design interfaces, regulatory limitations and to exchange information and expedite work.
- Provide criteria and standards for specialized, difficult or unusual requirements.Review preliminary and final engineering plans, specifications and cost estimates of architect and engineering (A&E) forms or another government agency to ensure design excellence and compliance with specifications.
- Apply knowledge of other disciplines to determine coordination required to ensure design considerations have been addressed.Use computers/computer software such as information management programs, computer aided design and drafting (CADD) programs and project tracking programs to solve engineering problems and facilitate work.
- Monitor/manage construction projects for new construction, renovations and improvements to real property facilities from start to finish including the performance of preconstruction site surveys all the way to completion of as-built drawings.Perform requirements programming in support of base development for operating & maintenance (O&M), military construction programs (MCP), non-appropriated fund (NAF), military family housing to include validating requirements, performing economic analyses and coordinating with the installation facilities board.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486193300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.