Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.Learn more about this agency
This position is being filled under the Expedited Hiring Authority for Shortage Category and/or Critical Need Health Care Occupations.
About the Position: This position is located at Madigan Army Medical Center Department of Pathology. On January 1, 2013, Madigan Army Medical Center became a tobacco free campus. This includes all tobacco products and electronic nicotine delivery devices such as "e-cigarettes." Being tobacco-free helps our patients, staff and visitors become and stay healthier. As part of this new policy and our commitment to new employees and their health, newly hired staff may take advantage of one free tobacco cessation class.
This is a rotating shift position. Shift work is:
Day = 7:00 am to 3:30 pm
Swing = 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm
Night = 11:30 pm - 8:00 am
Who May Apply: US Citizens
- You will provide support for the Central Processing and Shipping Services Area to coordinate the deliveries of specimens within Madigan Army Medical Center, Decentralized Labs, other DoD laboratories and contracted civilian health care provides making required chain of custody annotations and reviewing specimen labeling and custody documents for accuracy.
- Assist with the Army HIV Force Testing Program.
- Distribute specimens to the appropriate laboratory section.
- Ensure incoming specimens are accompanied by appropriate requisition and funding authorization.
- Process and ship specimens to external reference test sites. Respond to technical inquiries to staff members.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486165700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.