What exciting career opportunities await you at CDC?Learn more about this agency
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is the agency Americans trust with their lives. As a global leader in public health, CDC is the nation's premier health promotion, prevention, and preparedness agency. Whether we are protecting the American people from public health threats, researching emerging diseases, or mobilizing public health programs with our domestic and international partners, we rely on our employees to make a real difference in the health and well-being of people here and around the world.
Who May Apply: Open to US citizens and applicants eligible under Schedule A authority.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-CDC-M2-18-10084637 under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
This position is located in the the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), Office of Analysis and Epidemiology (OAE), in Hyattsville, MD.
PHS Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps (not as a career/career-conditional employee) are encouraged to apply under the merit promotion announcement indicated above.
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical location CDC-wide.
CDC Financial Disclosure -OGE form 450 Holding ourselves to a higher standard; the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention inspires public confidence in its trust responsibilities and mission by maintaining high ethical principles. This position is subject to the confidential financial disclosure requirements of the Ethics in Government Act of 1978 (P.L. 95-521). Therefore, if selected, you will be required to complete a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 450) to determine if a conflict or an appearance of a conflict exists between your financial interest and your prospective position with the agency. This Information will be required annually.
CDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a Supervisory Statistician (Health), you will:
- Independently plan, direct, and execute a comprehensive statistical research program that focuses on the enhancement of NCHS data systems through population health reporting and dissemination.
- Design, plan, and direct statistical analytic research program through integration of data from multiple sources.
- Prepare scientific reports and other user tools to disseminate scientific findings.
- Present and convey scientific information at meetings and conferences.
- Plan work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjust short-term priorities, and prepares schedules for completion of work.
- Represent NCHS in promoting Health, United States and its associated products as important data sources for analytical research.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Open to US citizens and applicants eligible under Schedule A authority.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486136200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.