You will play a key part in developing FCA's accounting policy and reporting standards for Farm Credit System (FCS) institution compliance. As a Policy Analyst (Accounting), you will lead or contribute to regulation and policy development projects including prior approval projects for complex financial accounting and reporting issues. You will work collaboratively on projects with professionals from other bank regulatory agencies and assist other regulation and policy staff and workgroups on FCS accounting and disclosure issues.
This position is located in the Office of Regulatory Policy, Operations Management and Accounting Team, which manages policy and regulation development activities that ensure the safety and soundness of the FCS.
The ideal candidate for this position is a certified public accountant (CPA) with experience in financial accounting and reporting, as well as Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) accounting policy and procedures, who has the ability to explain accounting and financial concepts to a variety of audiences and is able to work independently.
This position is being advertised at 3 grade levels: VH-38, VH-39, and VH-40. The salary ranges for each grade include a 24.58% geographic differential for McLean, VA.
VH-38 (GS-12 equivalent): $89,106 to $146,876 per annum.
VH-39 (GS-13 equivalent): $101,844 to $168,042 per annum.
VH-40 (GS-14 equivalent): $116,517 to $192,253 per annum.
This position is also advertised for Status Candidates under job opportunity announcement VA-17-0317-MP. If you would like to be considered under both merit promotion (MP) and delegated examining (DE), you must apply to both announcements.
**This closing date of this announcement has been extended from 12/22/17.**Learn more about this agency
As a Policy Analyst (Accounting), you will:
- Provide technical support and expertise in the development of FCA's accounting policies applicable to Farm Credit System (FCS) institutions.
- Manage and participate in regulatory, policy, and prior approval projects, including those related to complex financial accounting, disclosure, and reporting issues.
- Participate in projects related to mergers, consolidations, or other corporate or non-corporate formations, adjustments, reorganizations, or terminations in accordance with FCA regulations and guidance.
- Contribute to the development of FCA disclosure, reporting, and governance rules for compliance by FCS institutions.
- Identify emerging issues and risks and work with team leaders and other management to develop strategies and innovative options resulting from changes in the Farm Credit Act or other applicable federal laws, regulations, and industry standards and guidelines, and assessing the impact of those issues on the operations of FCS institutions.
- Prepare and deliver verbal and written briefings, reports, and other presentations to the FCA Board and executive management, and serving as a liaison between the FCA and FCS institutions.
- Provide assistance to other regulatory and policy work groups on Agency accounting policies, U. S. generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), and FCA rules related to disclosure, reporting, governance, and other corporate principles.
Occasional travel - 5% of time for training and conferences.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486129000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.