This is a Washington Army National Guard Title 32 Excepted Service Bargaining Unit Technician position:Learn more about this agency
Location: UTES, Camp Murray, WA
Appointment Type: Indefinite - Excepted Service
Advertised as: ENLISTED
This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies.
*This is an obligated position (current occupant is on a Military Tour). Individual selected for this position will receive an indefinite appointment. If a Reduction-In-Force occurs and/or the military tour member reclaims this position, the indefinite appointee will have no reemployment rights to his/her former position or any other position. If the military tour member, having reemployment rights to this position, does not exercise his/her rights within 5 years, and funding level and employee manning levels permit, incumbent may be converted to permanent technician status without further competition.
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
For information about joining the Army National Guard please call 1-800-TO-GO-GUARD
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Washington Army National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard at the required military grade listed if the position is open Nationwide.
A MATERIALS HANDLER, WG-6907-6:
- Performs a full range of warehousing activities to include receiving, storing, selecting and shipping bulk and bin materials and equipment.
- Coordinates incoming and outgoing shipments and placement of materials within docking area.
- Prepares inventory and production reports, screens and identifies shipping and receiving documents for discrepancies, and directs shipments to shipping or storage areas.
- Identifies, examines, classifies, accepts and disposes of a wide variety of materials and property including electronic equipment, aircraft and automotive components and assemblies.
- Routes items to maintenance activity for technical inspections when defects, excessive wear, corrosion, missing pm1s or damage is discovered.
- Performs other related duties as required.
* The above duty description doesn't contain all details of the official position description. A copy of the entire position description can be found on FASCLASS by searching the position description (PD# D0903000 WG-06). https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_fasclass.asp
Occasional travel - As required for job training or mission requirements
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Area 1: In-Service Permanent Washington Army National Guard Technicians, Area 3: In-State Washington Army National Guard Drilling Members
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486120400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.