THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a BUDGET OFFICER, Position Description Number D1084000and is part of the MI USPFO, National Guard.
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!Learn more about this agency
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
BUDGET OFFICER, GS-0560-12
This position is located in a National Guard financial organization and serves as a Budget Officer responsible for all budgetary operations necessary to support plans, programs and activities of the organization. The primary purpose of this position is to provide management oversight and guidance to budget formulation and execution processes. The incumbent is recognized as a technical authority regarding fiscal and budgetary policy, law, and regulatory guidelines for the organization. This position accomplishes budget functions in support of organizational and Federal National Guard operations, training, and readiness missions and maintains staff responsibility over complex annual budgets.
1. Serves as a technical expert regarding all phases of budget functions including the interpretation, application and implementation of budgetary principles, procedures and guidelines.
2. Serves as principal staff advisor to the senior leadership and top management personnel regarding maintaining a balance in the efficiency and economy of operations in accomplishing programmed objectives.
3. Interprets guideline materials and instructions issued by Office of Management and Budget (OMB), Congress, Department of Defense (DoD), National Guard Bureau (NGB), etc.
4. Oversees budgetary operations.
5. Performs special studies and selective reviews of budgetary programs and procedures.
6. Serves as a primary technical expert on the treatment of budgetary data on forms, schedules, requests, and reports for use by the financial/budget organization or for use by organizational personnel.
7. Formulates and justifies budget requests for the organizational in consideration of historical costs up to five years, the current period of execution, and the effects of multi-year procurement and military construction appropriations.
8. Issues calls for budget to staff and resource managers and provides guidance, as needed.
9. Monitors the execution of the annual operating budget.
10. Reviews and analyzes operations to determine causes of variances from budgets, time-phased schedules and cost limitations.
11. Manages time-phased schedules of obligations and expenditures for applicable organizational budgets.
12. Provides initial, continuation and update training for Resource Advisors.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens. Area 1 - Open to current, permanent technicians of the Michigan National Guard. Area 2 - Open to current members of the Michigan National Guard. Area 3 - Open to applicants willing and eligible to join the Michigan National Guard (contact a recruiter).
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486103700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.