THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT ELECTRICIAN SUPERVISOR, Position Description Number D1550P01 and is part of the MI 127 Wing, National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
AIRCRAFT ELECTRICIAN SUPERVISOR, WS-2892-10
This position is located in the Electro-Environmental (E&E) Shop of an Air National Guard Flying Wing, employing F-15, F-16, F-22, F-35, A-10, C-17, C-27J and C-130J aircraft. The purpose of this position is to supervise workers on a day-to-day or project-by-project basis in accomplishing the work operations of the shop and to perform associated non-supervisory work. The occupation and grade level, which best reflects the nature of the overall work operations supervised is Aircraft Electrician, WG-2892-11.
(1) Planning: Plans and schedules specific work assignments on a daily or project-by-project basis within specified time requirements.
(2) Work Direction: Assigns tasks to be performed. Explains prescribed methods procedures; instructs subordinates on new procedures and provides assistance on problems.
(3) Administration: Recommends individuals to fill vacancies or for promotion or reassignment.
(4) Performs the non-supervisory functions of the organizational segment supervised.
(5) Implements safety regulatory requirements.
(6) Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations, inspections, mobilization and command support exercises.
(7) Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens. Area 1 - Open to current, permanent technicians of the Michigan National Guard. Area 2 - Open to current members of the Michigan National Guard. Area 3 - Open to applicants willing and eligible to join the Michigan National Guard (contact a recruiter).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486101100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.