THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
NEW MEXICO AIR NATIONAL GUARD
NATIONWIDE. All members of the New Mexico Air National Guard or current Active Duty/Reserve military members eligible and wiling to become members of the New Mexico Air National Guard.
This National Guard position is for a SHEET METAL MECHANIC SUPERVISOR, Position Description Number D0791000and is part of the NM 150th SOW Fabrication Flight, National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NEW MEXICO AIR NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
As a SHEET METAL MECHANIC SUPERVISOR, WS-3806-9
(1) Planning: Plans and schedules specific work assignments on a daily or project-by-project basis within specified time requirements. Arranges for adequate personnel, materials and equipment to accomplish the work.
(2) Work Direction: Assigns tasks to be performed. Explains prescribed methods and procedures; instructs subordinates on new procedures and provides assistance on problems. Reviews work in progress and on completion. Obtains approval from supervisor for changes in standard or prescribed procedures and changes in work operations. Suggests ways or methods to improve operations or reduce costs.
(3) Administration: Recommends individuals to fill vacancies or for promotion or reassignment. Assists in the establishment of performance standards and makes recommendations for performance appraisals. Counsels with employees on disciplinary issues and recommends disciplinary action. Attempts to resolve informal complaints and grievances, referring unresolved or more serious issues to supervisor. Conducts on-the-job training and recommends employees for formal training programs. Schedules leave and approves leave for short periods of time. Encourages employees to participate in suggestion or cost reduction programs. Ensures that regulations governing safety and housekeeping are observed. Explains and implements such personnel programs as equal opportunity, position management, position description review, and labor
relations. Maintains production reports and records.
(4) Performs the nonsupervisory functions of the organizational segment supervised.
(5) Implements safety regulatory requirements. Ensures that subordinates wear appropriate safety equipment and follow pertinent safety precautions.
(6) Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations, inspections, mobilization and command support exercises. May be required to perform additional duties such as structural fire fighting, aircraft fire/crash/rescue duty, security guard, snow removal, munitions loading and handling, heavy equipment operator, maintenance of facilities and equipment, or serve as a member of a team to cope with natural disasters or civil emergencies.
(7) Performs other duties as assigned.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Members of the New Mexico Air National Guard or current Active Duty/Reserve military members eligible and wiling to become members of the New Mexico Air National Guard.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486062600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.