Do you want to work for an exciting educational organization, with the children of our dedicated U.S. Military members? Our mission is to provide an exemplary education that inspires and prepares all students for success in a dynamic, global environment. Come work for the Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) Americas, Mid-Atlantic District at Fort Bragg Schools!
The Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA), Mid-Atlantic District is currently accepting applications under examining authority of 10 U.S.C., Section 2164. This vacancy announcement may be used for the purpose of filling multiple positions throughout the school year.
This position is an Educational Aide at Bowley Elementary School on Fort Bragg, North Carolina. The Educational Aide assists teachers and other professional educators in instructional programs and classroom learning and activities to include monitoring students during lunch. May be assigned to work in classroom, media center, health clinic or school office.
This is a part-time, seasonal permanent position in the Excepted Service. Part-time hours will be 70 hours per pay period.
THIS VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT WILL CLOSE AT 11:59 P.M. EASTER TIME ON THE DAY 50 APPLICATIONS ARE RECEIVED, OR DECEMBER 15, 2017, WHICHEVER COMES FIRST.Learn more about this agency
- Supports the instructional program by assisting with testing, preparing instructional materials, providing tutoring assistance, administration, assisting students with special needs, technology, and media center assistance.
- Distributes testing materials, instructs students concerning test, collects test materials, grades tests through application of identified scoring techniques, and provides testing results profile.
- Prepares instructional materials related to class lessons.
- Provides additional instruction to selected students.
- Supervises independent study, computer labs, and learning resource centers.
- Provides tutoring assistance to students and assists students with make-up work.
- Makes arrangements for field trips, guides students during field trips, maintains discipline during field trips.
- Monitors students on playground, in hallways, restrooms, cafeteria, and bus loading areas before and after school.
- Assists teacher in classroom by distributing/collecting items such as tests, homework, and handouts.
- Performs record keeping, routine filing, and keeping classroom neat and tidy.
- Assists in maintaining security and conservation of equipment and materials.
- Use technology, communication devices, software programs for instruction and record keeping. Assists students with accessing computer programs, monitoring, and keeping students on task.
- May be assigned to students with special needs which may include diapering, tube feeding, dressing, transferring to and from toilet to chair, and spoon/bottle feeding. May also assist student with special training devices such as touch-screen computers or equipment for the hearing, visually, or physically impaired.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486059300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.