TOUGH WORK. VITAL MISSION. Challenge yourself! You have the power to help combat drug trafficking. Be a part of DEA! It's tough work, but a vital mission. Whatever your background or expertise, your work at DEA will be tremendously rewarding because it will have a daily impact on national security and the quality of life of all Americans.Learn more about this agency
Do your career "Justice" by working with DOJ, which has been ranked in the Top 10 Best Places to Work in the Federal Government. Come and join the nation's law enforcement agency, where our most important resource is our people. The Department leads the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. Become a member of a team where you can achieve your career goals and apply your skills and talents to our important mission. All applicants for employment with DEA must possess and maintain the highest levels of character and conduct. DEA will evaluate applicants' qualifications based on these qualities. Once a conditional offer is made, DEA will conduct a continuous evaluation of information, as it is obtained, to ensure that the prospective employees with DEA meet the agency-specific qualifications in the areas of character and conduct. To this end, an unfavorable decision in any of the areas that follow will be deemed as disqualifying: Drug Policy Requirements (as specified in this announcement), Credit History, Candor and Honesty, Work History, History with the Law, and other qualities that would detract from the integrity and efficiency of the DEA.
These positions are located in the Office of Information Systems; Arlington, Sterling & Merrifield, VA
The incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Oversees and manages Office of Information Systems (SI) Information Technology (IT) Operations, Field Services, and Data Center Management functions.
- Plans, coordinates, directs, and leads activities associated with all SI Engineering and Integration functions to include secure IT infrastructure technical architecture and infrastructure modernization projects.
- Directs and leads activities associated with secure Enterprise Cloud Services, Cloud architecture and configuration, Cloud security, customer onboarding, and governance processes.
- Provides a single point of entry for customer serviced by SI and provides 24/7 support for a broad portfolio of information technology services that is structured to escalate incidents and problem requests from customers.
- Directs and manages large scale IT initiatives to efficiently achieve specified goals and objectives.
- Evaluates current and proposed programs and operations and recommends actions to initiate, modify, or discontinue services/projects as appropriate.
- Supervises a staff of GS-15 level employees and below in addition to contractors.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486046700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.