TEXAS MILITARY DEPARTMENT
DUTY: Bear true faith and allegiance to the state and nation; cultivate an environment for all to excel; prepare mentally, physically and spiritually to deploy at home and abroad.
HONOR: Hold the public trust in the highest regard; exceed standards and expectations; act with understanding, innovation, resourcefulness, flexibility and urgency. Do all you can, where you are, with what you have and always place the welfare of those you lead first.
TEXAS: Embrace the courageous spirit of our people, history and culture.
This position is located at the 149th MAI SQ, Kelly AFB, San Antonio, TX. The purpose of this position is to supervise workers on a day-to-day or project-by-project basis, either directly or through one or more subordinate leaders, in accomplishing the work operations of the organizational segment or work shift and to perform associated non-supervisory work.
Appointment Factor(s): This is an Excepted Service position that requires active membership in a compatible military assignment in the Texas Air National Guard and wear of the military uniform. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Texas Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Texas Air National Guard. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a Texas Air National Guard recruiter at 210-925-6016 before applying for this position.
Areas of Consideration: Nationwide. This includes:
- All currently employed full-time permanent, indefinite and temporary personnel of the Texas Air National Guard,
- All current members of the Texas Air National Guard, and
- All individuals eligible for membership in the Texas Air National Guard.
Incentives: Acceptance of a military Federal technician position may result in termination and / or repayment of military incentives. Please check your contract and contact your servicing Education Services (Incentives) office or the Recruiting/Retention office.
- This announcement is open for one year or until filled, whichever comes first. Applicants will be reviewed and referred (as applicable) to the selecting supervisor after 30 days.
- The Texas National Guard is an Equal Opportunity employer.
- Veterans' preference is not applicable.
Aircraft Pneudraulic Systems Mechanic Supervisor (Hydraulics)
- Plans and schedules specific work assignments on a daily or project-by-project basis within specified time requirements.
- Assigns tasks to be performed.
- Recommends individuals to fill vacancies or for promotion or reassignment.
- Performs the non-supervisory functions of the organizational segment supervised.
- Implements safety regulatory requirements.
The full Position Description (PD) can be found at the following link:
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All groups of qualified individuals
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486037000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.