Looking for a great place to work? The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is one of the best! In 2016, USACE ranked number two of government large-agency subcomponents! As rated by their employees, USACE supervisors strongly support employee development and opportunities to demonstrate leadership skills, while also maintaining an optimal work/life balance. The Corps offers a team-inspiring and collaborative work environment; providing challenging and rewarding careers across a variety of disciplines.
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Organization:
The U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) is one of the most diverse engineering and scientific research organizations in the world. For more information on our organization, please visit our website at www.erdc.usace.army.mil
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
In this Research Chemist position, you will research on: nano-enabled sensors and associated technologies, technologies to assess chemical simulant degradation in explosive environments, degradation mechanisms, photochemical transformations, weathering processes and sorption/desorption mechanisms in complex environmental matrices, environmental interactions with emerging contaminants, munitions constituents, and nanomaterials. Investigations of this complexity may involve:
- Refinement of test methods and equipment for scientific studies, operational programs, and basic and applied research.
- Environmental data analysis, evaluation, and interpretation of analyses to determine qualitative and/or quantitative information regarding the physical and chemical properties of samples and data.
- Collaborative engagement of fellow scientists and engineers for data collection, method development, and project implementation.
- Processing of data for QA/QC conformance and anomaly identification.
- Submission of technical reports, conference proceedings, journal articles, research proposals and data in various forms to customers.
- Mentoring of junior scientists in technical analysis and report generation.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…ICTAP and VEOA Eligibles
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486027800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.