Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.Learn more about this agency
This position is being filled under the Expedited Hiring Authority for Shortage Category and/or Critical Need Health Care Occupations.
About the Position:
These positions are located at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington.
Joint Base Lewis-McChord is a military installation (Army and Airforce) located approximately 9 miles from the city of Tacoma, Washington. Tacoma is a progressive city of 200,000 nestled between Seattle and the state capital of Olympia, offering the attractions of larger metropolitan areas with a hometown feel. Tacoma is located 32 miles south of Seattle, 31 miles north of the state capital, Olympia, and 18 miles south of Sea-Tac International Airport. Tacoma is on the shores of Commencement Bay, within pristine eyesight of Mount Rainier. World-class museums, hotels, and theaters draw thousands to downtown Tacoma while the shores of the Puget Sound and Mount Rainier inspire outdoor enthusiasts. Enjoy the mild climate and its excellent schools, universities, parks, festivals and regional shopping centers.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
As a Dental Assistant, you will perform duties such as:
- Assist the oral surgeon in the hospital operating room in a variety of complex oral maxillofacial procedures that involve lengthy, delicate surgery such as malignant growths, correction of congenital anomalies including cleft palates, prognathism, and traumatic injuries that require mandibular ramus surgery (reconstruction of lower jaw), osseointegrated impants, and other conditions which impair respiratory and masticatory functioning.
- Prepare and place surgical dressings, remove contaminated instruments, and cut sutures on direction.
- Operate dental X-ray equipment to take intra and extra-oral radiographs.
- Obtain and record related medical history of patient, and route patient for medical tests and services when required.
- Perform a variety of scrub duties in preparation for intraoral and extraoral procedures.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486006700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.