CONNECTICUT ARMY NATIONAL GUARDLearn more about this agency
TECHNICIAN VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
THIS IS A TITLE 32 DUAL STATUS POSITION
Temporary promotion not to exceed two (2) years. The purpose of the temporary promotion is to backfill a deployed Soldier. The temporary promotion will be terminated within 30 days of return of the incumbent to the position.
DUTY LOCATION: Unit Training Equipment Site (UTES), East Lyme, CT
JOB SUMMARY: The primary purpose of this position is to perform maintenance production management, to achieve or maintain desired production levels, to serve as an equipment readiness expert for units supported by the facility, and to provide technical guidance and oversight to a lower-graded Production Controller.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Army National Guard.
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Establishes plans and schedules for maintenance and repair, using multiple process production methods and procedures for a variety of vehicles and equipment such as combat vehicles, heavy-duty engineering and mobile equipment, tracked vehicles, towed and self-propelled artillery, communications and electronic equipment, guided missile systems, and small arms.
- Ensures Modified Table of Organization and Equipment (MTO&E) or Table of Distribution and Allowances (TDA) reportable Line Item Numbers (LIN) are properly managed, reported and accounted for with respect to readiness reports, property accountability reports, and system management.
- Programs workload, shop space, and available personnel on a short and long-term basis.
- Ensures that unit Class 9 (CL IX) accounts are funded, budgeted, and executed to maximize readiness.
- Designates and maintains current maintenance priorities by Force Activity Designator, pacing items, Equipment Readiness Codes (ERC) A, B, and C equipment type, available funds, commander's priority, state/national priorities (in the case of floods, fires, and mobilizations), and unit supported.
Occasional travel - Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Agency Employee - See Area of Consideration
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485996700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.