This National Guard position is for a COMPUTER ASSISTANT (AVN INFO SPEC), Position Description Number D1074000and is part of AASF 1 Nebraska Army National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is a Title 32 excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING ELIGIBILITY TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA ARMY NATIONAL GUARD PLEASE CONTACT THE LOCAL RECRUITING OFFICE AT 402-309-7458.
OPEN AREAS OF CONSIDERATION: AREA 1 and 2 ONLY
DEFINITION OF AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
AREA 1 - Current permanent and indefinite bargaining unit Technicians of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard
AREA 2 - All Drill Status/M-Day members and temporary Technicians of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard
AREA 3 - Current military service members who are willing to become a member of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard
AREA 4 - All qualified candidates eligible and willing to become a member of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard. Selected individual must become a member of the respective National Guard prior to the date of hire.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH DODI 8570.1, APPLICANT MUST BE CERTIFIED AT THE LEVEL OF IAT II WITHIN 6 MONTHS OF EMPLOYMENT. VISIT http://iase.disa.mil/iawip/Pages/iabaseline.aspx TO REFERENCE IA LEVEL INFORMATION.
As a COMPUTER ASSISTANT (AVN INFO SPEC), GS-0335-7/9, duties include:
(1) Creates local modifications to the STAMIS system. Modifications within and among systems are created to provide for the communication of data between testing platforms and the STAMIS system. Results are used to ensure the timely and accurate exchange of maintenance, supply and operational data between individual aircraft laptop computers and the Local Area Network (LAN). Works with multiple operating systems with guidelines that are not always specific or may not exist. Monitors the transfer of data between aircraft laptops and LAN computers to ensure data integrity is maintained. Monitors data back-up systems.
(2) Ensures data and data files are accurately entered into a system through the Local Area Network (LAN). Monitors database files from outside sources (e.g., inspection master files, component master files and reportable item files) to ensure data integrity and applicability. Restores deleted data files as necessary. Utilizes Standing Operating Procedures (SOP's) in the event of ULLS-A failure.
(3) Troubleshoots common or recurring problems experienced by laptop users. Creates database inquiries to access local information stored in the ULLS-A. Assists AASF users in preparing locally designed reports. Creates, edits and saves database queries. Prioritizes work and necessary repair actions to ensure operating systems function correctly.
(4) Ensures reports accurately reflect individual aircraft status. Oversees AMSS processes for daily recording and reporting of aircraft/subsystem readiness and end-of-period reports. Maintains and updates unit parameters and aircraft/weapon systems authorization files to ensure calculated readiness rates are available.
(5) Serves as the Terminal Area Security Officer (TASO) with security oversight over AASF ULLS-A system components. Manages ULLS-A network security protection mechanisms. Assigns, secures, stores, and maintains user IDs, passwords and controls individual and group access to the ULLS-A system. Provides advice and recommendations for using and safeguarding ULLS-A data and resources against unauthorized disclosure, modification, access, use, destruction or denial of service. Trains or works with personnel on ULLS-A changes and procedures. Prepares presentations, utilizing computer programs, as required.
(6) Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel for training and work related activities
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Nebraska National Guard Area 1 and 2 applicants
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485992800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.