If you want to do interesting and challenging work and to make a contribution to national defense, DISA is a great place for you.Learn more about this agency
DISA provides secure and reliable communications and computing support that enable the President and our military forces to communicate globally through voice, video, and data transmission. DISA is a leader within the Federal Government in implementing "people programs" and offers a broad range of quality-of-life and training programs. Go to www.disa.mil for more information.
DISA is using the Direct Hire Authority (DHA) for DOD Cyber Workforce Positions to recruit and appoint individuals to positions that meet the definition of "cyber workforce" (also known as "cyberspace workforce") as defined in DoDD 8140.01, "Cyberspace Workforce Management," and must be anticipated to become part of the cyber excepted service. Positions in the cyber excepted service are positions necessary to carry out the responsibilities of the United States Cyber Command.
- Participates in a wide variety of complex interrelated networking/computing issues related to organization readiness, ranging from identification of required contingency response plans, natural disaster and war damage repair to an effective management of limited resources for replicating automated networking systems.
- Serves as the JFHQ DODIN project officer for Crises and Exercises exercising overall responsibility and staff direction, operational coordination and review over continuity of operations issues within the JFHQ DODIN. Manages all aspects of the COOP and Disaster Recovery Plan and the development, implementation, interpretation, coordination, accreditation, risk management, and maintenance of detailed policies, plans, programs, standards, and criteria ensuring a comprehensive plan for the JFHQ DODIN.
- Reviews, plans updates, or adapts plans according to changes in guidance, resources, or the operational environment.
- Initiates action and coordination with other services, agencies, and commands to obtain plans, revisions, and other materials.
- Monitors established measures that protect the primary installation as well as alternate operating locations from physical destruction and theft.
Occasional travel - Less than 25%
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485967600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.