Apply for this exciting position to support the CG missions of safeguarding our Nation's maritime interests in the heartland, in the ports, at sea, and around the globe.Learn more about this agency
For over two centuries The U.S. Coast Guard has protected the maritime economy and the environment, we defend our maritime borders, and we save those in peril. This history has forged our character and purpose as America's Maritime Guardian - Always Ready for all hazards and all threats.
The vacancy is being concurrently advertised under merit promotion procedures for status applicants under announcement 17-2327-SE-KJ-M. APPLICANTS WISHING TO BE CONSIDERED UNDER BOTH DELEGATED EXAMINING AND MERIT PROMOTION PROCEDURES MUST APPLY TO BOTH VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS. NOTE: YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS DELEGATED EXAMINING VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT WILL ONLY ALLOW CONSIDERATION FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. WE CANNOT ELECTRONICALLY OR MANUALLY MOVE YOUR APPLICATION TO THE CONCURRENTLY ADVERTISED MERIT PROMOTION ANNOUNCEMENT. PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARE APPLYING UNDER THE CORRECT ANNOUNCEMENT.
This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security, U.S Coast Guard, Shore Infrastructure Logistics Command, Base Support & Services Division in Norfolk, VA.
Any offers of employment made pursuant to this announcement will be consistent with all applicable authorities, including Presidential Memoranda, Executive Orders, interpretive U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) guidance, and Office of Management and Budget plans and policies concerning hiring. These authorities are subject to change.
Applying to this announcement certifies that you give permission for DHS to share your application with others in DHS for similar positions.
The selectee will serve as a Procurement Analyst, responsible for the development of Coast Guard specific acquisition policies and procedures as well as the development and deployment of the Coast Guard's information technology (IT) portfolio for acquisition systems.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Serving as the agency-wide expert in a functional area of procurement specifically as it applies to the Financial Management and Procurement System (FMPS) Business Process Re-engineering (BPR).
- Advising CG-9, SILC, COCO, and DOL management and the Chiefs of Contracting on matters pertaining to FMPS BPR Procurement and Contracting modules.
- Serving as team leader on projects involving complex contracting processes and functions.
- Leading, overseeing, and coordinating the implementation of the financial management business processes associated with the financial management system.
- Evaluating the impact of acquisition IT systems on Coast Guard contracting operations and internal procedures.
- Overseeing the development and recommendations of contracting policies in a functional area of procurement.
Occasional travel - This position requires occasional travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485942200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.