OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?Learn more about this agency
As a VA professional, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities and leadership positions at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the Nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities.
**This position is open till filled**
This is an open continuous announcement which will remain open until December 4, 2018. This vacancy has multiple cut-off dates, with the first cut off date being December 19, 2017 with subsequent cut-off dates every 14 days. Management retains the right to make additional selections as positions become available.
- Evaluates the suitability of the specimen for analysis, requesting new specimen if determined to be unusable. Prepares Specimen for analysis, insuring that the physiologic state of the specimen properties is maintained.
- Selects, performs, evaluates, and monitors the performance of test procedures using manual and/or instrumental techniques in accordance with established protocols. Recognizes and reacts to indicators of malfunction; locates and implements corrections.
- Conducts quality control procedures on equipment, reagents, and products and maintains proper records for quality control reports.
- Calibrates, standardizes, adjusts and maintains instruments. Verifies correct instrument operation using established procedures and quality control checks and monitoring. Identifies the cause of the common problem and makes simple repairs.
- Evaluates validity of data in relation to the test system and accepted assay procedures. Correlates quantitative data with patient data (i.e., history, medications) to verify results.
- Performs additional tests to clarify or confirm abnormal patient results. Recognizes abnormal results that require immediate attention by the physician and reports to them directly.
- Conducts generation of laboratory results from the work area into the laboratory computer system and for editing and verification of the results recorded into the computer system.
- Communicates effectively and utilizes other disciplines (e.g., nursing medicine) to facilitate treatment planning and implantation. With few exceptions, participates effectively in team meetings, treatment planning conferences, etc.
- Collaborates with divergent multidisciplinary team and members in a manner that enhances coordination of comprehensive patient care.
- Cooperates and is consistently courteous in nature with supervisors, co-workers, patients, visitors, and general public, and contributes to the effective operation of the case management program.
- Anticipates and avoids potential causes of conflict and actively promotes cooperation among co-workers.
A copy of the functional statement for this position can be made available upon request, after each certificate is issued to the applicable candidates.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
The Providence VA Medical Center is an acute care facility operating 24 hours a day 7 days a week. While most tours of duty are scheduled during the day, the possibility of working evenings, nights and weekends does exist. Shift changes will be considered based on patient and facility needs.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485931900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.