Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is located with US Army Central Chief of Staff, Secretary of the General Staff, Shaw AFB, SC. Shaw Air Force Base is located just outside Sumter, SC, which is 46 miles east of Columbia, SC; approximately 259 miles east of Atlanta, Georgia (I-20); 119 miles northeast of Augusta, Georgia (I-20); 101 miles northwest of Charleston, South Carolina (I-26), and 111 miles south of Charlotte, North Carolina (I-77). Shaw Air Force Base is an easy drive to Atlanta, Augusta, Savannah, Charleston, Charlotte, the beaches along the Atlantic Ocean, and the mountains. It is also close to NASCAR auto racing, an abundance of outdoor activities for individuals and families.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Executive Order (E.O.) 12721
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Provides protocol etiquettes and oversees the formulation of arrangements during the entirety of command social and official functions, to include visits to Headquarters. Recommends, develops, plans and directs a variety of activities ensuring proper protocol tenets are observed. Hosts programs for the Commanding General/Chief of Staff, on average 24 major social activities per year, and maintains overall responsibility for planning and coordinating the details of another 40 to 50 protocol events involving foreign visitors and/or US dignitaries at Headquarters.
- Manages the Secretary of the Army .0012 Contingency Funds provided to the Commanding General, USARCENT, to include, providing the annual budget to the Resource Management Office for all Theater Security Cooperation Events
- Reviews correspondence, projects and studies for accuracy, completeness of technical detail, and conformance to established policy. Gathers and analyzes data and prepares a variety of relevant protocol/ORF reports, charts and graphs
- Develops local protocol procedures as necessary. Coordinates updates to the USARCENT Protocol Guide to Change of Command Ceremonies containing guidance on a wide variety of protocol matters, to include customs and courtesies of the service, social events, ceremonies, and proper handling and display of flags. Responds to questions, resolves problems, advises and makes recommendations to the Executive Services Chief, commander and staff on protocol matters.
Occasional travel - This position has a Temporary Duty (TDY) or business travel requirement of 20% of the time.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates; VEOA Eligibles; Military Spouse; Family Member Preference
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485861100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.