Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Serves as the Sustainable Range Program (SRP) GIS Coordinator for the installation and Integrated Training Area Management (ITAM) program.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current DPTMS Civilian Employees with competitive status (Consideration will also be given to Current Army employees with competitive status)
- Establishes and maintains the Fort Riley SRP GIS office as the SRP GIS center of expertise in GIS software applications, Federal spatial data standards, development and testing of custom GIS tools, and geo-database design, which will include Federal Geographic Data Committee (FGDC) and Spatial Data Standards for Infrastructure and Environment (SDSFIE) standards.
- Provides SRP GIS support to include, but not limited to; Range Managers Tool Kit (RMTK), Range Facility Management Support System (RFMSS) Graphic fire Desk (GFD), range planning/design, Range Complex Master Plan (RCMP) support, as well as TRI, Land Rehabilitation Management (LRAM), Range and Training Land Assessment (RTLA), and Sustainable Range Awareness (SRA) component support.
- Provides the ITAM Coordinator with GIS component input for the ITAM annual work plan, five-year plan, and budget plan. Required information may include, but is not limited to: projects prioritization, timelines, resource requirements, and justification.
- Provides technical support to Fort Riley Geospatial Information Officer (GIO) in development and maintain the geospatial data for Range and ITAM on the Fort Riley GIS intranet site.
- Develops and provides SRP Military Installation Map (MIM) Updates.
- Utilizes ERDAS Imagine and Quick Terrain Modeler software to analysis vegetation and topography of the training lands using multi-spectral imagery and Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR) data to determine phenology of vegetation health, bare ground assessment and identify potential gullies and erosion areas.
- Assists the ITAM Coordinator with oversight of inventories, maintenance, and operation of GIS equipment.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Agency Employees
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485857300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.