This vacancy announcement is being extended due to the Agency location being incorrect.Learn more about this agency
The Senior Executive Service (SES) is comprised of the men and women charged with leading the continuing transformation of the government. These leaders possess well-honed executive skills and share a broad perspective of government and a public service commitment which is grounded in the Constitution. This position is designed as a SES Career-Reserved. USDA structures its SES positions into position levels. Exceptions to the salary cap may be considered in certain circumstances. SES employees are also eligible to receive bonuses and performance-based awards. Visit http://www.opm.gov/ses/ for additional information and benefits for SES employees.
Serves as principal advisor and counsel to the ASA and the Secretary on all IT matters impacting the Department and relating to the following roles of the CIO:
- Strategic planning: Provides leadership in the development of short- and long-range IT plans, identifying Departmental goals and objectives and anticipating future technological needs and requirements. Also determines the enterprise-based strategy for and oversees major systems development and implementation initiatives.
- Workforce planning and performance-based management: Assesses agency information and IT workforce needs and develops strategies and plans for meeting those needs. Champions a culture of performance- and outcome-based management, ensuring the Departmental IT community obtains and retains the knowledge and skills and sets and meets goals that keep pace with evolving IT needs for the Department.
- Capital planning and investment management: Selects, controls and evaluates IT investments to produce business value reduce investment-related risks, and increase accountability and transparency in the investment decision-making process.
- Information security: Ensures agency compliance with requirements to protect information and systems, including the Federal Information Security Management Act.
- Enterprise architecture: Develops and maintains an enterprise architecture, creating and championing a business and technology blueprint that links IT programs and systems implementation to the Department’s strategic plan.
- Systems acquisition, development, and integration: Develops and enforces policies for systems acquisition, development, and integration with existing systems.
- E-government initiatives: Promotes the appropriate use of IT, including the Internet and emerging technologies, to improve the productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness of agency operations, programs, and services.
Occasional travel - Occassional travel
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All groups of qualified individuals
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485847200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.