If you are looking for an exciting and challenging career, this is the position for you! With a diverse and talented workforce of over 100,000 men and women, Justice leads the Nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. You will be part of a dedicated team helping to enforce Federal criminal and civil laws that protect life, liberty and the property of citizens.Learn more about this agency
The United States Attorney's Office (USAO)/Executive Office for United States Attorneys (EOUSA) is a great place to work. The Department of Justice ranked #6 out of 18 large agencies and EOUSA/United States Attorneys' Offices ranked #59 out of 305 agency subcomponents in a study, "The Best Places to Work in the Federal Government, 2016 Ratings" published by the Partnership for Public Service. See http://bestplacestowork.org/BPTW/index.php
This position is located in the Thomas F. Eagleton courthouse in downtown St. Louis. St. Louis is the home to two professional sports teams. Forest Park is one of the largest inner city parks and is home to the St. Louis Zoo, St. Louis Science Center, and the History Museum. St. Louis is also home to three performing arts centers, with the Fabulous Fox, Peabody Opera House, and the Muny.
This district office has public transportation stops within two blocks and participates in the mass transit benefit program. This district is also easily accessible from four different highways with covered and uncovered parking within 3 blocks of the office.
The United States Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of Missouri serves over half the population of Missouri. We have offices in St. Louis and Cape Girardeau with over 90 attorneys and support personnel.
This position is also being announced under Merit Promotion Procedures under 18-MOE-10093858-MS
If selected for this position, you will join a well-respected team that is responsible for providing information technology, technical and analytical assistance in the Information Technology Unit in the United States Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of Missouri.
Typical work assignments will include:
- Serving as an IT Specialist (Litigation Support) whose primary function is to provide technical and analytical Litigation Support (LS) assistance
- Responsible for and supporting the information management needs and IT support to all litigation support functions.
- Troubleshooting communications limitations and assist in the modification of standard systems to resolve hardware and software problems
- Encompassing a significant number of users within the USAO, some of whom may be located in geographically distant branch offices or who have to travel to branch offices for trials
- Assisting in development of procedures and/or the standardization of approaches to meet office litigation needs and requirements..
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All U.S. Citizens and Nationals
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485839500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.