WHAT DOES A STATISTICIAN DO? As a Statistician you will be responsible to design, develop, and implementing statistical projects, studies, and proposals that affect the programs and policies of the Internal Revenue Service. You will be required to provide professional assistance to senior staff members or management.Learn more about this agency
WHAT IS THE SMALL BUSINESS/SELF-EMPLOYED (SB/SE) DIVISION? The Small Business/Self-Employed (SB/SE) Division provides examinations and taxpayer education services for about 7 million small businesses and upwards of 33 million self-employed and supplemental income taxpayers. SB/SE taxpayers generally have higher incomes than most taxpayers, need to file twice as many tax forms, and generally need to rely more on paid tax preparers and the taxpayer education outreach activities of the IRS.
1 position in SB/SE, Operations Support, Business Development Research, Team 3, located at 401 W Peachtree St. Atlanta, GA.
As a Statistician you will:
- Provide assistance to analysts when initiating, planning, implementing, controlling, modifying and executing all or part of an entire research project The projects include such tasks as formulation of workload estimates for program segments, specification of the methodology, preparation of appropriate procedures, and review of computer systems specifications, materials and instructions needed for assuring the adequacy of the study's designs.
- Assists other analysts in determining the scope, goals and schedules for future programs in the staff. Acts as a troubleshooter in resolving bottlenecks in a particular step in a nationwide program or research project.
- Working with higher graded analysts, help to resolve very complex problems requiring incumbent's in-depth statistical and subject matter knowledge.
- Assumes responsibility for the efficient use of available staff and resources within assigned subject-matter projects. Monitors such use to advise superiors of necessary remedial action or changes. Recommends the use of automated data processing methods and statistical techniques used in the Division.
- Produces tables and graphical materials using standard computer software packages.
- Reviews statistical and tax literature for data and research methodology appropriate for inclusion in the research process and also as a means of helping to evaluate the reasonableness of the data. Performs an in-depth review and analysis for reasonableness and accuracy of all material produced for a given study and provides guidance in this task to lower grade professionals based on incumbent's in-depth knowledge of research requirements.
Occasional travel - May travel 1 to 5 nights per month
Who May Apply
This job is open to…-Reassignment Preference Program Internal Employees Only
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485827800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.