The Bureau of Medicine and Surgery provides high quality patient- and family-centered medical care in wartime and peacetime. Civilian healthcare professionals work side-by-side with military medical staff to care for active duty members, their families, and retirees at medical facilities around the globe. Every day, no matter what the environment, Navy Medicine is ready to provide world class care, anytime, anywhere.Learn more about this agency
At Naval Medical Center San Diego, our number one priority is providing the safest, highest quality patient-centered medical care for our veterans, service members and their families. Through visionary leadership and staff dedicated to the Team STEPPS approach, our hospital continues to shape the future of military medicine. In this position you will provide the full range of Family Practice care, including the evaluation and treatment of beneficiaries and their families. For additional information about the NMC San Diego click here: https://www.med.navy.mil/sites/nmcsd/Pages/default.aspx
This announcement is being used to recruit qualified individuals, under the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Direct Hire Authority, authorized by 5 United States Code (U.S.C.), Section 3304 and 5 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 337, Subpart B. The Rule of Three, Veteran's Preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to the Direct Hire process. For more information on OPM Direct-Hire Authority, please review this link: http://www.opm.gov/DirectHire/factsheet.asp.
APPLY NOW! This job opportunity announcement has a first cut-off date of 12/19/2017. Applications received by 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST) on the cut-off date of 12/19/2017 will receive first consideration for this vacancy. Candidates who apply after may be referred on a periodic basis depending on staffing needs.
In this position, you will perform meaningful professional work in the field of Family Medicine, such as the following:
- Providing a full range of family practice services, e.g. examining, diagnosing and treating patients from birth to death;
- Documenting patient history using electronic medical records;
- Performing physical examinations, ordering and interpreting appropriate diagnostic studies, prescribing medications and performing patient education.
- Promoting preventative and health maintenance care including annual physicals and positive health care behaviors through education and counseling;
- Providing clinical practice oversight by reviewing medical care and clinically related processes and policies.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485809600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.