CONNECTICUT ARMY NATIONAL GUARDLearn more about this agency
TECHNICIAN VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
This position is located within the National Maintenance Project (NMP) and may be extended or terminated at the discretion of the TASMG Commander.
DUTY LOCATION: 1109th Theater Aviation Sustainment Maintenance Group (TASMG), Groton, CT
JOB SUMMARY: The primary purpose of this position is to provide customer support to users of supported information management systems. Responsible for assisting customers with the resolution of problems encountered. Identifies the nature of customer problems, to include loss of service, impact to the customer and the customer's expectations/needs for a resolution. Provides help desk services to customers by serving as a primary point of contact for problem resolution or direct inquiries.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Army National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Connecticut Army National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Connecticut Army National Guard. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a Connecticut Army National Guard recruiter at (800) 716-3550 before applying for this position.
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
Area 2: All currently employed full-time temporary technician personnel and all current traditional members of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
Area 3: Individuals eligible for membership in the Connecticut Army National Guard. Membership must be satisfied within four (4) months of selection.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as a technical specialist on all automated systems utilized throughout the state.
- Receives requests for resolution of hardware or software problems that may require in-depth research.
- Participates in site surveys in order to verify adequacy of software installation practices and operating environments are compliant with desktop and network security standards, and network operations to ensure customer needs are met.
- Provides technical assistance to current and potential users so that LAN/WAN and other C4 systems operations have few major disruptions.
- Installs and maintains hardware devices supporting a broad range of information systems employing multiple network and local operating systems and highly sophisticated client server software.
Occasional travel - Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Military Membership Required - See Area of Consideration
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485808800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.