Join Team DCMA -- Challenge yourself!Learn more about this agency
The Defense Contract Management Agency serves as the independent eyes and ears of the Department of Defense (DoD) and its partners, delivering actionable acquisition insight from the factory floor to the front line around the world. We are an independent combat support agency within the DoD. We are the Department's contract manager, responsible for ensuring Federal acquisition programs, supplies, and services are delivered on time, within cost and meet performance requirements.
About the Position: Defense Contract Management Agency uses the Expedited Hiring Authority to recruit and appoint qualified individuals directly into shortage category or critical need acquisition positions.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected.
All U.S. Citizens and Nationals with allegiance to the United States
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) Eligible
You will be considered for a Term Position Not To Exceed 13 Months, your appointment may be extended up to a maximum of 6 years. Current DCMA employees will be converted to a Term Position Not To Exceed 13 Months, your appointment may be extended up to a maximum of 6 years. This position may be made permanent without further competition to those candidates that have non-competitive status.
- Serves as Quality Assurance Specialist with the Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) as either a resident or a non-resident, reviewing contracts and technical data packages to identify the specification requirements which the contractor's processes must meet.
- Designs, plans and implements an effective risk management program to ensure that all threats to the successful delivery of the contract are addressed and mitigated in the Government's best interests.
- Adjusts surveillance frequency and/or intensity; and reassesses assigned risk ratings as a result of analyzing data.
- Performs pre-award surveys in conjunction with other functional specialists. Surveys include assessments of a supplier's quality system, and capabilities to perform on a prospective contract.
- Meets on a routine basis with supplier leadership, and various functional elements within the Government to foster a cooperative relationship and to promote a mutual understanding of contract requirements.
Occasional travel - Business travel is required 10% of the time
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485792700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.