THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a ELECTRONICS EQUIPMENT REPAIR INSPECTOR, Position Description Number D1207000and is part of the MI CSMS, National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
As a ELECTRONICS EQUIPMENT REPAIR INSPECTOR, WG-2604-12, you will
1. Uses a wide variety of inspection techniques to inspect standard electronic systems such as radar, radio communications receivers, and transmitters (single band, UHF and VHF), mobile subscriber equipment (MSE), missile guidance systems, laser range finders, and electronic fire control systems.
2. Conducts inspections, diagnoses nature and extent of equipment malfunction, and as required, performs required maintenance to restore to a serviceable condition various types of tactical computers, radio sets, etc.
3. Inspects equipment to determine repairs needed. Utilizes established Maintenance Expenditure Limits (MEL) to evaluate economic feasibility of repair(s).
4. Inspects the full range of equipment as described above at remote work sites in support of field organizations, field units during field exercise training periods, or before major pieces of equipment are sent for repair to a supporting maintenance facility.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens. Area 1 - Open to current, permanent technicians of the Michigan National Guard. Area 2 - Open to current members of the Michigan National Guard.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485771800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.