Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.Learn more about this agency
About the Position: This is a permanent position with the General Leonard Wood Army Community Hospital, DCA, Information Management Division, Office of the Chief at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri. Fort Leonard Wood is located in the beautiful South-Central Missouri Ozarks. The Fort covers more than 61,000 acres and is located in Pulaski County, Missouri. Bordering the installation to the North are the towns of Waynesville/St. Robert and Interstate 44. St. Louis is a 2 hour drive to the East along I-44 and Springfield is a little more than an hour's drive to the West of Fort Leonard Wood.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
As an Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC) you will:
- Serve as the Information Assurance Network Manager for the Local Area Network and Automated Information System within the General Leonard Wood Army Community Hospital (GLWACH).
- Disseminate guidance, procedures, and policies regarding security of computer systems.
- Ensure an Information Assurance Support Officer (IASO) is appointed for each separate information system.
- Review threat and vulnerability assessments and recommend cost effective security countermeasures.
- Develop and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for security of computer systems.
- Configure and install network and security equipment and change existing equipment.
- Develop and administer recovery plans for network data or program files.
- Review and approve all network security requests for feasibility and connectivity.
Occasional travel - 5% Temporary Duty May Be Required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485763700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.