Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.Learn more about this agency
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation
About the Position:
You will serve as a Nurse (Clinical/Perioperative) for the Department of Anesthesia and Operative Services (DOAOS), Operating Room Nursing
Service, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Tacoma, Washington.
Joint Base Lewis-McChord is a military installation (Army and Airforce) located approximately 9 miles from the city of Tacoma, Washington.
Tacoma is a progressive city of 200,000 nestled between Seattle and the state capital of Olympia, offering the attractions of larger metropolitan
areas with a hometown feel. Tacoma is located 32 miles south of Seattle, 31 miles north of the state capital, Olympia, and 18 miles south of Sea-
Tac International Airport. Tacoma is on the shores of Commencement Bay, within pristine eyesight of Mount Rainier. World-class museums,
hotels, and theaters draw thousands to downtown Tacoma while the shores of the Puget Sound and Mount Rainier inspire outdoor enthusiasts.
Enjoy the mild climate and its excellent schools, universities, parks, festivals and regional shopping centers.
On January 1, 2013, Madigan Healthcare Systems became a tobacco free campus. This includes all tobacco products and electronic nicotine
delivery devices such as "e-cigarettes." As part of this new policy and Madigan's commitment to employees and their health, newly hired staff
may take advantage of one free tobacco cessation class.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
As a Nurse (Clinical/Perioperative), you will:
- Provide specialized perioperative care to patients undergoing a variety of procedures ranging from highly complex, high acuity or trauma surgery to routin
- Assess patients' current health status in order to formulate nursing care plans, which include preparing goals based upon nursing diagnosis, and developing patient outcomes.
- Manage patient care for a wide range of procedures of an advanced nature and difficulty, such as procedures with high susceptibility to infection, and require bodily functions to be mechanically assisted by life support equipment.
- Brief the post anesthesia nursing staff on pertinent information related to the surgery.
- Serve as a project officer/unit coordinator for 1-2 surgical specialties.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485745800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.