Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.Learn more about this agency
This position is being filled under the Expedited Hiring Authority for Shortage Category and/or Critical Need Acquisition Occupations.
About the Position:
Yuma Proving Ground is located near the Arizona-California border, adjacent to the Colorado River, approximately 24 miles north of the city of Yuma (pop 87,000), Arizona. Situated in the southwest portion of the state, the proving ground is in the heart of the great Sonoran desert. U.S. Army Yuma Proving Ground conducts tests on medium and long range artillery, aircraft target acquisition equipment and armament, armored and wheeled vehicles, a variety of munitions, and personnel and supply parachute systems and is the Army's center for desert natural environment testing as well as the management of cold weather and tropic testing. U.S. Army Yuma Proving Ground at 1300 square miles proudly holds the distinction of being one of the largest military installations in the world. It is here that America's ground combat equipment proves it has the right stuff to win our nation's battles.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
- Researches the applicability of new technological developments related to functional area computing and display.
- Conducts advanced system analysis tasks to maintain or advance state of the art methods for real-time computing.
- Establishes critical performance requirements by correlating functional area data processing requirements for missile range users and Range support elements with the existing capabilities of functional area systems.
- Advises Range users, consults with Range elements, and serves as authoritative source of technical information for functional area data processing projects.
- Interprets requirements to design and develop complex application and system software, and implements and provides responsive operational control procedures to reliably support Range operations.
- Modifies and upgrades complex functional area software to accommodate quick-response changes in user requirements, Range operating configuration, and input/output data flow.
- Evaluates functional area system performance with responsibility for final data products to ensure high quality results.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485728700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.