These positions are located in the following branches of the Division of insurance and Research: the Center for Financial Research, and the Regulatory Analysis Branch, Headquarters, Washington, DC, of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and conducts economic research in support of the Corporation's efforts to identify, monitor and address critical existing and emerging aggregate risks to the FDIC's deposit insurance funds.Learn more about this agency
Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement to fill identical vacancies that occur subsequent to this announcement.
- Plan and coordinate research projects and reports. Develop analytical techniques for economic research of major economic issues.
- Conduct policy oriented research to develop innovative approaches to identify and solve existing and new problems in economic trends. Prepare and present findings and recommendations.
- Monitor ongoing economics, financial and banking trends that influence risks to the insurance funds, including trends in the global economy, the U.S. macro-economy, key industry sectors, the markets for money, capital, commodities and foreign exchange, and economic and financial policy issues.
- Perform research, gather and analyze quantitative data from a variety of sources to identify particular problems to explore; assess the adequacy of existing programs; recommend and implement research based changes.
- Write descriptions of relevant risks and trends, incorporating accepted methods of economic, financial and statistical analysis, and input of other DIR management and staff to ensure written material reflects the collective judgment of the organization.
- Orally present analytical results to management and professional staff of the Division, the FDIC and other organizations with an interest in these topics.
Occasional travel - Occasional overnight travel may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All United States Citizens.
(Applicants with status or those eligible under special hiring authorities, should apply under FDIC merit promotion announcement 2017-HQ-B1113. However, if you desire consideration also under this public non-status announcement, you must apply to both. Status applicants are current permanent Federal employees in the competitive service and former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility.)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485693700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.