Join Team DCMA -- Challenge yourself!Learn more about this agency
The Defense Contract Management Agency serves as the independent eyes and ears of the Department of Defense (DoD) and its partners, delivering actionable acquisition insight from the factory floor to the front line around the world. We are an independent combat support agency within the DoD. We are the Department's contract manager, responsible for ensuring Federal acquisition programs, supplies, and services are delivered on time, within cost and meet performance requirements.
The pay band NH-03 includes the General Schedule grade equivalent to GS-12/13.
Other initiatives under the Acquisition Demonstration Project include simplified classification, streamlined hiring process and expanded developmental opportunities.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected.
-Current Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) Employee
- Incumbent serves as a Team Chief in the Contract Safety Group (CSG) and is an expert for Contract Safety, reporting to the CSG Director.
- Directs Contract Safety operations within the Team for mission accomplishments.
- Provides Personnel and Resource Management, Supervision, and fosters Teamwork.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of contractor safety programs (including the areas of program management, risk management, accident prevention, safety education, and accident investigation) for aircraft manufacturing, repair and maintenance, ammunition and explosive manufacturing, demilitarization, storage and disposal, hazardous materials and other high hazard manufacturing criteria.
- Provides technical assistance and advice to the CSG Director, the District Director, and the CMO Commanders.
- Performs functions in the technology of risk management entities relating to all safety disciplines in support of risk management entities relating to all safety disciplines in support of accident and incident prevention.
Occasional travel - Business travel required 20% of the time.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Agency Employees Only - Appearing on USAJOBS
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485682900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.