The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace.Learn more about this agency
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide:
Internal Employees (Air Force Employee - Current Permanent Competitive Service Career/Career-Conditional Employee and Current Permanent AF DCIPS Employees with Reinstatement Rights to the Competitive Service)
This is a Centrally Managed Position in the Civil Engineer Career Field. Travel and Relocation Expenses will be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulation.
This is an interdisciplinary position and may be filled as any of the following:
GS-0020-14: Supervisory Community Planner
GS-0401-14: Supervisory Biological Scientist
GS-0801-14: Supervisory General Engineer
GS-0808-14: Supervisory Architect
GS-0810-14: Supervisory Civil Engineer
GS-0819-14: Supervisory Environmental Engineer
GS-0830-14: Supervisory Mechanical Engineer
GS-0850-14: Supervisory Electrical Engineer
GS-1301-14: Supervisory Physical Scientist
This position has been designated as a Key Career Position (KCP). The assignment will not be continuing and has an established tour limitation of 36-60 months as determined by the Career Field Team and Career Field Manager. Employees must sign a Memorandum of Understanding including Selection, Restriction, Outplacement, Tour and Mobility Agreement as a condition of employment. This addendum is effective 1 March 2014 and will be utilized upon incumbent's exit from the position and from that point forward whenever the position is filled.
You MUST have one or more listed eligibilities to be considered. Eligibility claims must be supported with required documentation submitted with each application package to be considered. "Transfer" and "Reinstatement" eligibles must provide their most current SF-50 and the SF-50 reflecting the highest grade held if not reflected on most current/separation SF-50. *Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list.
"This is a Supervisory Position." A 1-year supervisory probationary period is required if applicant selected has not previously met this requirement.
- The primary purpose of this position is: To serve as a first level supervisor, providing planning, directing, organizing, and exercising control over nonsupervisory employees assigned to the Continental United States (CONUS) Execution Branch (CFSC), Strategic Design and Construction (D&C) Division (CFS), Facility Engineering Directorate (CF).
- Plans, organizes, and directs the activities of the CONUS Execution Branch ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and meets customer needs.
- Exercises supervisory personnel management responsibilities. Advises and provides counsel to employees regarding policies, procedures, and directives of management. Selects or recommends selection of candidates for vacancies, promotions, details, and reassignment in consideration of skills, qualifications, and mission requirements.
- Represents AFCEC and the Strategic D&C Division with a variety of installation, cross-functional DoD organizations, higher Air Force agencies, and external businesses, industry and government agencies.
- Ensures branch engineering actions comply with legal and regulatory requirements and meet customer needs.Directs the overall planning, control and timely execution of the technical, administrative and programmatic activities of the unit.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Permanent Air Force Federal Employees. See Job Summary for further information on "Who May Apply".
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485650900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.