This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT ELECTRICIAN, Position Description Number D0418000and is part of AASF 1 Nebraska Army National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is a Title 32 excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING ELIGIBILITY TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA ARMY NATIONAL GUARD PLEASE CONTACT THE LOCAL RECRUITING OFFICE AT 402-309-7458.
OPEN AREAS OF CONSIDERATION: AREA 1 and 2 ONLY
DEFINITION OF AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
AREA 1 - Current permanent and indefinite bargaining unit Technicians of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard
AREA 2 - All Drill Status/M-Day members and temporary Technicians of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard
AREA 3 - Current military service members who are willing to become a member of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard
AREA 4 - All qualified candidates eligible and willing to become a member of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard. Selected individual must become a member of the respective National Guard prior to the date of hire.
As a AIRCRAFT ELECTRICIAN, WG-2892-10, duties include:
(l) Functionally tests, troubleshoots, inspects, adjusts, aligns, calibrates and repairs the entire range of aircraft electrical systems to insure maximum operating efficiency. Repairs complex power control and warning systems such as, master control panels, analyzing units, master caution panels, voltage regulators, supervisory panels, AC/DC generators, starters, inverters, indicating instruments, linear actuators and utility system control units. Fabricates, repairs and replaces wiring harness, cannon plugs and connectors. electric motors and modifications as directed by higher authority.
(2) Selects, operates. maintains and repairs specialized test equipment, measuring equipment and common shop equipment such as multimeters, vacuum tube voltmeters, tube testers, oscilloscopes, insulation testers, vary drives, magneto test stands, and electrical equipment test stands. Calibrates and adjusts amplifiers, control boxes, and other equipment that vary voltage, resistance. frequency and load for analyzing various characteristics of electrical shop and test equipment. Must maintain a working knowledge of electrical and mechanical principles as applies to avionics systems to include a working knowledge of wiring diagrams. blueprints, technical publication and schematics.
(3) Selects. studies. utilizes and updates technical manuals, TWXs, newsletters, MWOs and files in support of functional area of responsibility. Assists with identification and requisition of tools, parts, equipment and bench stock required.
(4) Performs such travel as may be required in the accomplishment of assigned duties and the organizational mission.
(5) Performs on-the-job training as required. Evaluates training effectiveness.
(6) May assist authorized firefighters in the performance of fire/crash/rescue duties as required.
(7) May assist in other functions within the component repair shop in the accomplishment of mission requirements.
(8) Performs other duties as required.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel for training and work related activities
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Nebraska National Guard Area 1 and 2 applicants
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485639200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.