If you are looking for an exciting and challenging career, this is the position for you! With a diverse and talented workforce of over 100,000 men and women, Justice leads the Nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. You will be part of a dedicated team helping to enforce Federal criminal and civil laws that protect life, liberty and the property of citizens.Learn more about this agency
The United States Attorney's Office (USAO)/Executive Office for United States Attorneys (EOUSA) is a great place to work. The Department of Justice ranked #6 out of 18 large agencies and EOUSA/United States Attorneys' Offices ranked #59 out of 305 agency subcomponents in a study, "The Best Places to Work in the Federal Government, 2016 Ratings" published by the Partnership for Public Service. See http://bestplacestowork.org/BPTW/index.php
Sacramento, the state capital, is located in the heart of California. Sacramento is home to professional ballet, opera, and theatre companies, including the Sacramento Music Circus, providing a wide range of cultural activities and events. Professional sports are represented by the Sacramento Kings of the NBA, the Sacramento Mountain Lions of the United Football League, the Sacramento River Cats, a Triple-A baseball team, and the Sacramento Republic FC, a professional soccer team. Bound by two rivers, water recreation tops the list for outdoor activities such as salmon fishing, river rafting, and boating. Nearby Folsom Lake and Lake Natoma offer sailing and windsurfing. Sacramento is located 90 miles northeast of San Francisco and approximately 90 miles west of Lake Tahoe and the Sierra Nevada mountain range, providing numerous recreational opportunities for skiing and boating enthusiasts.
For more information on the Department of Justice and the United States Attorneys' Offices, visit www.justice.gov/usao/.
As needed, additional positions may be filled using this announcement.
This position is also being announced under Merit Promotion Procedures under 18-CAE-10091484-MS.
The salary range listed above contains multiple steps. In most cases, the initial salary will be set at the minimum salary rate for the GS-11 grade level.
ResponsibilitiesAs a Legal Administrative Specialist (Litigation Support) in the United States Attorney's Office (USAO), you will join a well-respected team that is responsible for providing a variety of legal support services to the United States Attorney's Office, Eastern District of California. You will be assigned to the Criminal Division in the Sacramento office and your duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Providing technical advice to litigation teams on legal automation requirements and systems capabilities to facilitate litigation decisions, discovery production, trial preparation and trial presentation.
- Performing tasks such as scanning documents into and organizing, indexing, and controlling them in a database for efficient retrieval through automated means.
- Creating and managing electronic case databases for large complex cases with voluminous discovery and digital evidence.
- Preparing and presenting digital exhibits and visual materials at trial using the most advanced trial presentation programs.
- Using and appropriately employing a variety of software packages including database, spreadsheet and word processing applications such as: Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, Trial Director, Relativity, Eclipse, Time Map, Case Map, eScanit.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All U.S. Citizens and Nationals
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/485618200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.